Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Diary


April 10, 1928

Dear diary: Well I am feeling a little better today. Willy will be home in a couple of days. He’s in Boston this week.  Probably “knockin’ em dead.” Ha ha.  He is such a hard worker and a great family man. We are so lucky to have him.  I have been doing wash all day. The boys are so busy with their football and friends.   The boys helped me hang the cloths on the line when they got home. I have such good boys.  I really enjoy the late afternoons with the boys. They love to bring over their friends. It sure livens up the place with all the activity.  Of course, Biff is being blamed for stealing footballs. Willy will have to talk with that coach. Everyone loves Biff.  Doesn’t the coach know that Biff is incapable of doing anything like stealing? Happy is losing weight. He looks great.  All the girls just love our boys. Not to end on a sour note. I would not mention this to anyone, but I poked my fingers two times darning my stockings. I would die to have a brand new pair…maybe two! So long diary. Time for bed.

 

April 10, 1949

Dear Diary:

Wow, what a day. Willy came home (thank God he didn’t wreck the car). The boys are home. Our refrigerator had to be fixed.  Biff and Willy fight. When are they ever going to solve their differences? Poor Biff. He is so lost. And Willy, oh my. He is so over worked he acts like he is going crazy. Hope he never finds this diary. He yells and argues with everyone. I don’t want to write this, but I found a rubber hose. I know what Willy is trying to do. I feel I am unable to protect him.  It breaks my heart that he is feeling like he is.  He seems to talk about past events a lot. You would think that after 34 years working for a company they would allow him to work closer to home.  I have asked him to talked to the manager and all he does is complain about his old boss’s son not caring about him.  I think when Willy takes a rest he will feel a lot better. Hope things are better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweet realistic details like Linda poking her finger while mending her socks.

    ReplyDelete