Thursday, March 7, 2013

Boy

Take Time to do Your Best Remember to do your best and be a good example to others. Be a good winner and a good loser. No one appreciates a poor sport. When we visit Grandmother and Grandfather take time to be interested in who they are so that you know where you came from. They are amazing human beings. Be a good friend and your life will be worth living. Education, family, friends, work and fun are the most important things in life. Each are worth your time and effort. Listen to the instructors in your life because it is their job to help you to succeed. Care about all people, life is not easy and some have struggles you can't even fathom. Time is the most important asset you have, use it to build not destroy. I have shown you those faces of people who use meth. You are only ten years old right now, but soon you will be 21, then 31, then 61. Drugs (Meth, Cocaine, E, Heroin) are not going to bring you success. Yuck, why are you even talking about drugs, I am only 10. You will soon be 31. Always take time to look your best. People who use meth and other destroying chemicals, forget how to pay attention to their appearance. Do not choose that road. It's a life you do NOT want. I'm 10 and she's telling me about ugly faces of people who use meth, really? "Ya, mom, I am pretty sure I am not going to use meth." Choose friends that value success. Volunteer at the food bank, hospital, or animal shelter. Look on the bright side of ALL situations. Life is not easy ALL the time. If you have questions, ask. If you are having trouble and you need help, ask. Drugs are an escape from reality, son. There is no escape from reality. "I don't know anyone who uses drugs, no parents, friends or family." We are here to learn lessons. You aren't perfect, accept that. Always know your family is here for you. Do not be defeated by fear.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this very much. I can remember getting lessons from my grandmother (who raised me) that exceeded my ability to even "get" the advice. For example, she spoke of birds n' bees-type lessons well before I was even interested in boys. Likewise, her lessons were beyond what I'd been learning in sex ed, wherein they were only talking about the reproductive system and menstruation, etc.

    ReplyDelete